The Point Robinson light and foghorn mark the southernmost turn in Puget Sound’s shipping lanes. The 12-acre Point Robinson complex, now listed on the Washington Heritage Register, features the Coast Guard lighthouse and keeper’s quarters. One house can be rented by the week from the Vashon Park District.
Location: Easternmost point of Maury Island
Hazards: Busy boat traffic. Monitor VHF channel 13 for VTS Puget Sound ( Vehicle Traffc Service) information
Sanitation: Chemical toilet next to lower parking lot
Fires: No fires - stove only
Special Considerations: 8 person maximum and one night stay
Natural History: The first fog signal was placed here in 1885, the light added two years later and tended by one keeper. In 1897, the fog whistle blew for 528 hours straight. After using up 35 tons of coal to keep it going, the keeper requested an assistant and, in 1903, a second keeper was added. To learn more, reserve a spot on a Point Robinson tour by calling the Vashon Park District 206.463.9602.